Wednesday, 14 March 2012

013: Oops I forgot!!

Oh dear, I got so carried away with my next hand knit, that I think I forgot to show you the finished little white cardigan that I started last week!  So here it is......

I decided to choose some very simple little cornflower blue buttons to co-ordinate with the pretty embroidered blue flowers around the borders.  To give the flowers definition I made little lemon centres (french knots) and I am really happy how this has turned out as it was a variation of my usual pattern (Spring Basket Cardigan link).  As this is now already to be wrapped up and delivered, I have decided to make a few more of the same design as I think it will prove popular, especially with Easter around the corner.  This colour palette was chosen by the new mum to be as although she is having a girl she loves blue and wanted an alternative to all the pinks and lilacs. So she decided on cornflower blue and lemon highlights on a classics white background .... and of course these just also happen to be perfect Easter colours too!   So those knitting needles will have to speed up if I want to get a couple knitted up before then without slowing up my new project.



I often have two projects on the go at the same time, do you?  I always enjoy having an easy familiar knit on one pair of needles and a new project on another, sometimes this may be a personal knit for me or a new design for my business.....this time it's a new design in those scrummy colours I showed you the other day (Lovely Scrummy Colours Link).

I will reveal a bit more in my next post.....unfortunately progress has been a little slower than anticipated as a rather busy weekend got in the way!!  Away from home all day Sunday, which is usually a good knitting day, as I went to see the Postie running a 20 mile race on Sunday in Stafford (Stafford Info)and was very proud of him when he finished....forgot to take my camera so haven't got any photos, though from where I was standing on a very busy road there wasn't much to see except cars swerving around the long line of extremely sweaty exhausted runners!     I'll just leave you with that thought!

Goodbye for now
Fleur xx

24 comments:

  1. Oh, squee! That's so adorable! I want one in my size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fleur,

    Thank you for you kind comment on my blog! Love the little cardigan you are knitting. It makes me wish my daughters were young once more!

    Have a lovely evening,

    Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little cardigan, the moss stitch, the sweet little forget me knots and the blue buttons...just perfect!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness...that is so cute!
    love jooles x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fleur, That little cardigan is so very sweet! I particularly love the little blue flowers. Gorgeous. Thanks for visiting my blog, you've inspired me to start reposting at Belladonna's Garden. I've been mainly posting at http://heartslandscapes.blogspot.com.au/ Come visit me there too and you'll see my arty/crafty stuff from the home front. Looking forward to having a good look at your blog. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh what a GORGEOUS cardigan! You are clever - it's delightful! May I ask you where you get your labels made? I'd love to get some and yours look nicer than a lot of what I have found on the web! Thanky!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is ever so sweet Fleur! I love the colours, the little blue flowers are perfect! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely cardy! I'm so impressed by your french knots. Mine always come out looking like "French Nothings," ha! Thank you for stopping by Mommy Chicken, it's so nice to make another friend, all the way from the UK! Blessings :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fleur, Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Thought I'd just pop over to say hello, and see what you do. I love the cardigan, and totally agree with not having stereotypical boy and girl colours. When I was pregnant we painted the baby room a gorgeous deep red, perfect for making a little baby feel cosy no matter what sex it is :) I'm so jealous of your running too; I took up running a few years ago, but increased my distance too quickly and damaged my IT band, then got pregnant so haven't had it sorted yet, but I do hope to get back to running sometime soon, its exhilirating!
    Sorry for the essay :)
    x Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I've just been reading back through your previous posts, what a lovely blog you've got here. I love the sweet little cardigan, you're so clever designing it yourself, the embroidery gives it that little extra, so cute. I love the colours in your last post too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet little sweater! Looks so cozy and warm.
    Love your flower details. Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is stunning. I am not a knitter-I wish I was. Your blog is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness gracious me. Sweetest baby cardigan I've ever seen. Do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so pretty! I love the way you've embroidered the flowers in the squares made by the knitted design. Clever!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh shoot....just gave away my latest wooly without taking a pic. But my knitting is not as perfect as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The mark of a truly creative person: multiple projects are always fermenting in their minds! Lovely colours and lovely knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh this is such gorgeous knitting! and I totally agree, blue can be so sweet on a little girl

    ReplyDelete
  18. You knits are beautiful! Thank you for popping over to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, this is beautiful! I love the French knots. Mine always look a bit wonky.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow I aspire to reaching your level if knitting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fleur- what a lovely little cardy- it is so sweet- well done!! Can't wait to see what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just so sweet! You inspire me to work on my knitting skills. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful item! I wish I could knit! My mum always has since I was tiny (I'm now 4...+ !) Sue x

    ReplyDelete